Place of Business:
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
WE ARE TCEQ
Are you ready to make a positive impact in Texas? At Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), protecting the environment is at the heart of everything we do. Choose a career where your perspective, passion, and skills are valued.
We strive to protect our state’s public health and natural resources consistent with sustainable economic development. Our goal is clean air, clean water, and the safe management of waste.
TCEQ employees get some great perks, including a hybrid work schedule, paid leave, health insurance, and state and federal holidays. See Benefits and Perks at TCEQ.
This position offers an opportunity for a hybrid work schedule with a minimum 2-day work in office.
YOUR FUTURE TEAM
As part of TCEQ Administrative Services, you would help support the logistical and operational structure for TCEQ statewide -- the business foundation for the whole agency. See details about what we do. https://www.tceq.texas.gov/agency/organization/oas.html
This position is a member of our Human Resources and Staff Services Division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a part of the division’s Training and Development team, our Training & Development Specialist III will play a key role in achieving TCEQ’s mission. You would use your skills and experience to:
• Coordinate agency training activities for the Learning and Development Section.
• Plan vendor-provided training, as well as internal contract manager. Monitor and document vendor performance according to training contract.
• Proctor classes, set up classrooms or virtual sessions, and organize, prepare, and distribute materials, resources, and supplies for training courses.
• Utilize the Learning Management System (LMS) to add classes, update rosters and edit transcripts. Ensure participants meet the target audience requirements; contact ineligible participants to give notice of dropped enrollment. Interpret records retention rules relating to team training documents, contracts, invoices, and materials and recommend rule changes as needed.
• Resolve customer problems by phone, email or in person. Monitor the training team email inbox.
• Design, develop, deliver, and maintain classroom curricula, eLearning curricula or other materials; and provide back up for other Learning and Development staff.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Four years of full-time experience in developing training curriculum and/or conducting training activities that includes the application of training methods, techniques, and materials for employee training and staff development.
• Experience reviewing invoices and/or reconciling discrepancies.
• Experience organizing materials for training or events.
• Experience using virtual collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, or Webex.
• Experience proctoring or coordinating training classes and/or scheduling and registering staff for training classes.
TRANSCRIPTS / COLLEGE HOURS OR COURSE WORK
See instructions on how to attach documents. A copy of your official college transcript or evaluation of foreign credentials in CAPPS is required if needed to meet the minimum qualification requirements outlined above.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
TCEQ will conduct a criminal history records search, driving history (if required for the job) on candidates offered employment.
In compliance with ADA, if you need any special accommodations during the employment process, please contact HRSS for assistance at (512) 239-0102.
MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY (MOS) CODES:
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) codes can be found at: https://hr.sao.texas.gov/CompensationSystem/JobDescriptions/. Please click the hyperlink under ‘Occupational Category’ for the respective Class Title.
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply.