Place of Business:
Texas Mutual Insurance Company
We’re excited you’re considering joining a great place to work!
Texas Mutual is deeply committed to creating and maintaining an environment of mutual respect and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
About this Position
Do you have a passion for people and an interest in supporting a Human Resources team focused on creating the best people experience?
Help us achieve this goal through support of our talent, benefits, compensation and employee satisfaction programs.
This position contributes to our overall mission of building a stronger, safer Texas, helping injured workers return to a productive life, empowering businesses to thrive, and giving back to our communities.
Located in the heart of Mueller, you will have access to a modern office surrounded by parks, restaurants and shopping, our on-site fitness center and more. We are voted as one of the best companies to work for in Texas by our employees.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will work in a team environment, demonstrating a high degree of initiative, independent judgment, and confidence, working effectively with or without direction and maintaining a high standard of accuracy.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Perform general administrative responsibilities for staff and management in the Human Resources department.
- Coordinate recruiting, onboarding, and tracking of temporary employees with their providing agency and teams within Texas Mutual.
- Support recruiting activities by completing or scheduling phone screens, reviewing applications, and maintaining Workday records for candidates.
- Administer Family and Medical Leave Act overflow as needed.
- Resolve routine inquiries such as employment verifications, application inquiries and courier deliveries.
- Maintain calendars and scheduling for internal and external meetings and events.
- Support companywide initiatives through coordination of resources, logistics, and feedback for events.
- Coordinate companywide employee appreciation events and award programs
- Maintain organizational systems for record-keeping, data tracking and reporting.
- Help with compiling data into multiple formats, including spreadsheets, charts, graphs and presentations.
- Draft, review, revise, publish and/or communicate general information to staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Supporting employee experience activities.
- Serve as the administrative contact for the Learning and Talent Development staff:
- Schedule training offerings and coordinate classroom logistics (reservations, materials, meals).
- Provide administrative support for Workday Learning, including course set up, enrollments, and attendance tracking.
- Administer and report on post training surveys.
- Provide administrative support for career portal and mentoring program.
Support the company's health and safety program.
Demonstrate ability to get along with and work well with others.
Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
May work in excess of 40 hours per week as required.
In the senior position, you can also expect to:
- Create and manipulate data into various formats, including budgets, spreadsheets, charts, graphs, and presentations.
- Independently create custom content in Workday Learning.
- Collect and organize feedback from multiple projects and recommend solutions in collaboration with the HR team.
- Proactively identify and work to implement process improvements for the HR team.
The successful candidate must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent education, training, or experience
- At least two years’ experience or equivalent education, training and experience for the non-senior position.
- At least four years’ experience or equivalent education, training and experience for the senior position.
It would be great to:
- Have experience working in a sensitive and confidential environment.
- Be comfortable working with staff at various organizational levels.
- Have advanced level skills in the Microsoft Suite of products (Excel, PowerPoint).
Click here to apply.