Greetings, Austin SHRM members! As we
go into the holiday seasons of Thanksgiving, Hanukkha, Christmas, Kwanza and
other observances and as my time as your 2023 President comes to a close, I am
reminded of all of the wonderful
people I have met along this journey. I am thankful for the opportunity to have led such a magnificent organization and its members. It wasn’t always easy but it was
As with any journey, a few things happened along the way –
- As of 9/30/23, we increased
our membership by 19% (January-September) exceeding our target of 3%.
- We added an additional happy hour event to
our lineup this year.
- We launched our Brainstorming Series on Culture and Engagement
at our annual conference in August.
Be on the lookout for the launch of our S.O.A.R. resources for those in
- We will launch a new specialty credential professional development opportunity, HR Department of One, in 2024.
- We brought you more legal and legislative learning and employment law update events.
- Our Certification study group launched
in September with 20 members! We even have folks on a
waiting list for our Spring 2024 study group.
- We had 32 mentor/mentee pairings for our Fall cohort. A 23% increase
from our Spring cohort.
- We had our very first HR Excellence Awards event recognizing the best and brightest HR professionals
and sponsors in our community. The Gala cocktail event was such a hit that we’re bringing it back in 2024!
- We held two community service events supporting Caritas and the Central Texas Food Bank.
- We increased our sponsorship revenue by 9% and our chapter financial reserves by 26% - far exceeding our goals of two and three
- The DEIB committee increased awareness, tools and
resources for members.
- We implemented two Professional Employee Groups (PEGs) on LinkedIn.
- We either met or exceeded
90% of our strategic goals!
The work of a President never ends. As such, I ask that you extend the same level of courtesy, kindness and support that you showed
me to our 2024 President Mya Kelly and the 2024 Board of Directors. We couldn’t
effectively nor efficiently do the work that we do without it.
close as I always do by thanking
you all for all that you do in support of Austin SHRM, your 2023 Board
of Directors and each other. And
thank you personally for allowing me the privilege of serving as your 2023
President. My heart is full and my cup runneth over with gratitude.
Because we matter, I will always stay people focused and results driven! Have a wonderful holiday season.
Because we matter. People focused and Results driven.