Place of Business: Teacher Retirement System of Texas
Service, Respect, and Connection are core to the individual and collective TRS experience. We know that great service rests on a foundation of relationships that connect us all to an empowering and rewarding career. At TRS, we’re inspired by our diverse community who bring authenticity and commitment to our mission to improve the retirement security of public education employees and retirees throughout Texas.
As a group of achievers, we tap collaboration and innovation to raise the bar in performance, administering and counseling pensions and healthcare benefits to ensure certainty for the future of our members. We invite you to join us, where both personal and career growth are respected, and where you can make a difference in our members’ lives every day.
The Senior Compensation Analyst is responsible for providing coordination and guidance to TRS’ compensation programs. The incumbent will manage salary administration for investment and/or financial positions, evaluate HR data and workforce analytics, and update variable pay programs. This position will proactively work with the Compensation team, Organizational Excellence staff, agency employees, and members of the TRS executive and leadership team.
State Classification: 1739/HR Specialist VI/B24
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates agency variable pay programs, including incentive compensation, executive compensation, and global compensation initiatives.
• Coordinates and plans job analysis, classification and compensation reviews, and job description development.
• Coordinates with performance management and learning and development to evaluate and develop career path and career ladder opportunities.
• Consults with division managers on recommendations for merit planning, salary and other compensation issues.
• Coordinates the collection and analysis of market data and salary surveys and conducts benchmark job matching across multiple survey sources.
• Prepares salary and wage budgets and proposals, and implements approved plans.
• Creates, revises and maintains job descriptions for agency positions.
• Reviews salary adjustments and promotions to ensure compliance with established guidelines, policies and practices.
• Reviews position classification and FLSA designations for management proposed staffing plans, reorganizations, and vacant postings.
• Ensures compliance with the State Position Classification Plan (as appropriate), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and other employment laws and regulations.
• Provides training, technical assistance, policy interpretation, and advice to managers and staff regarding classification and compensation matters.
Workforce and Data Analysis
• Compiles, analyzes and evaluates compensation data and prepares complex queries and reports.
• Coordinates the computation, analysis, and evaluation of compensation, workforce analytics, and other HR-related data.
• Prepares summaries, reports, and presentations for internal and external audiences.
• Develops and maintains compensation materials for management updates, dashboards, and presentations to the Board of Trustees.
• Analyzes and assesses workforce data related to HR workload measures, turnover, retirement estimates, FTE counts, position control, and veteran’s reports.
HR Support and Special Projects
• Participates in developing, updating, and/or and implementing human resources policies, procedures, processes, and forms.
• Recommends changes to procedures and processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Performs research and analysis on impact of proposed and new legislation as directed.
• Coordinates responses to HR related information queries from other public pension funds.
• Leads or participates on special projects and workgroups.
Performs related work as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• High school diploma or equivalent and additional full-time directly related human resources generalist experience may be substituted on an equivalent year-for-year basis.
• Six (6) years of progressively responsible professional human resources experience, with a focus on compensation.
• Three (3) years compensation experience (may run concurrently)
• Experience with financial, investment, banking, or similar experience may count towards meeting minimum qualifications.
Click Here to apply.